Glitter Roots and Space buns
Today I’m showing you a little Instagram inspired hair do: glitter roots!
A hair trend that went viral at the end of 2015. I felt I just had to give it a try, since I’m trying to let me hair grow and recover from all the bleaching, my roots have grown out quite a bit. It turned out to be really easy too.Any excuse to use glitter and wear my hair in space buns like Lea from Star Wars!
Glitter Roots and Space buns tutorial:
- You’ll need: A Brush, glitter gel or craft glitter + hair gel, hairspray
- If you use craft glitter: fill up a little bowl with some hair gel and craft glitter, and mix them up
- Put your hair is up in two buns. I parted my hair, made two ponytails, and put those in a bun. I sprayed the buns and the roots with hairspray. Then wait for the hairspray to get tacky.
- Apply glitter gel with a flat brush or make up brush on to the roots
- Apply some more hair spray over the whole head
- Done! You’ve got the ultimate glitter roots and space buns!
Life’s Too Short For Boring Hair !
It turned out to be a really easy hair do! The glitter stays put with the help of the hairgel and hairspray. However, washing it out wasn’t as easy. Be prepared to have your whole house covered in glitter. I washed my hair, used a towel and a hairdryer to remove some of the last bits of glitter. The glitter ended up in my hairbrush, floor, pillowcase, bed…basically everywhere in the house ;)
Let me know in comments, would you ever rock the glitter roots and buns?